fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: [Mifos-developer] GSOC Application 2017 | REST API "live" documentation using Swagger, SpringFox / Spring REST Docs
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 15:26:28 GMT
Sanyam had originally sent his proposal for feedback to the mifos-dev list.
Adding the fineract dev list now too.

Ed
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanyam Goel <sanyam.bvcoe96@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 1:12 AM
Subject: [Mifos-developer] GSOC Application 2017 | REST API "live"
documentation using Swagger, SpringFox / Spring REST Docs
To: mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi all,

I am a third-year undergraduate student at Bharati Vidyapeeth's College Of
Engineering, affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New
Delhi, India. I am interested in contributing to open source world and
seeking an opportunity to start the career with GSOC 2017.

I have a special interest in frontend and backend Services. I have been
working on different platforms like JavaSE, JavaEE, Hibernate, Springs,
REST API, Android Development which demonstrate my skills and expertise in
the frontend, backend, and full-stack web development.

I would like to work on the Fineract project, currently, it has a
limitation that the apiLive.htm file has to be maintained manually with the
REST API which is hard to keep perfectly synchronized with the API. We can
use Swagger, Springfox to maintain documentation dynamically.

Swagger scans the code and exposes the documentation on some URL which
helps clients to consume the API and learn how to use the REST API or to
which HTTP methods to call on which URL or which input documents to send or
which status code to expect, etc..

Also, I am familiar with bad coding styles and practices which may cause
vulnerabilities such as not closing dB connections etc..

I would like to work on this project this summer under your thoughts and
guidance.

--
SANYAM GOEL
Information Technology,