fineract-dev mailing list archives

From "Shaik Nazeer" <nazeer.sh...@confluxtechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Self-Creation of Self-Service User ID
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 06:45:10 GMT
Hi all,

Here is my 2 cents.

I believe creating a self-creation of SSU is bit tricky. How we can authenticate that client
details are not misused by somebody. For example creating SSU user by providing mobile number
or email id with account number. Most of the bank apps, will authenticate by sending OTP to
his mobile/email. I feel it always better to have two step authentication while on boarding
a customer with SSU app.  If it is not possible with OTP then we have to at least enable maker
checker by taking his last 2-5 transaction details while creating SSU.

Thanks,

Nazeer

From: Ed Cable [mailto:edcable@mifos.org]
Sent: 15 April 2017 00:11
To: dev
Cc: Nazeer Shaik
Subject: Self-Creation of Self-Service User ID

Nazeer or others in the community,

Can we pick up where we last left off on Adi's comments regarding self creation of a self-service
user ID.

This an important component of any self-service app or mobile wallet powered by Apache Fineract.

Self-Creation of a Self Service User ID

Is it possible for a client to create their own self-service user ID or is that only supported
by a back office staff? The use case is as such: I download the app from the Google Play Store
and have a link to "Sign Up". I click sign up and then should be prompte for my account number
or phone number and then based on that it selects which client account i have in mifos and
I can then create my user ID and credentials.

[Adi] App user creation is a secure operation which needs permissions to use the APIs. In
the scenario that you have mentioned, we need an intermediate implementation that takes the
open requests from clients an in the background verify and create self serviceusers.

Ed