fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code 2017 Mentor Registration
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:48:22 GMT
Hey Markus, Maek, and Ed,

I'll start in the process for getting Markus and Maek mentor-status.
Here are a couple of potential problems:

* I'm not sure that the tickets y'all want to mentor for exist and are
labeled.  As of this writing, a search for the labels "gsoc" and
"gsoc2017" [1] only reveals three appropriately labeled tickets.  None
of them look very promising. Ed I believe you have specific tickets in
mind.  Could you please make sure they're entered and labeled?
* Maek in particular may have problems because as I understand it you
must be a committer to mentor.

Greets,
Myrle

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-419?jql=project%20%3D%20FINERACT%20AND%20labels%20in%20(gsoc%2C%20gsoc2017)

On Sat, Mar 25, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Maek Twain <saransh@theupscale.in> wrote:
> Hi all I would like to mentor for ASF 2017
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 25-Mar-2017, at 1:39 PM, Markus Geiß <markus.geiss@live.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Myrle,
>>
>> sorry for the late reply.
>>
>> I'm willing to mentor a student during GSOC this year.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Markus

you want to mentor for?  If I can get at least one of each (mentor + ticket), I'll register
Fineract for GSOC, and acknowledge your mentoring request.  Tag tickets you think are suitable
with "gsoc2017" or "gsoc".

>> My question is specifically for Fineract mentors and tickets.  Projects and tickets
to produce code outside of Apache repos would run under Mifos participation in GSOC and not
Apache's.  Code in "https://github.com/openMF/"
>> is Mifos code.
>>
>> Greets,
>> Myrle

for Google Summer of Code 2017! [1,2]

>> It is now time for mentors to sign up, so please pass this email on to your community
and podlings. If you aren’t already subscribed to mentors@community.apache.org you should
do so now else you might miss important information.

>> Mentor signup requires two steps: mentor signup in Google's system [3] and PMC acknowledgement.
>>
>> If you want to mentor a project in this year's SoC you will have to
>>
>> 1. Be an Apache committer.
>> 2. Request an acknowledgement from the PMC for which you want to mentor projects.
Use the below template and *do not forget to copy mentors@community.apache.org*. We will use
the email adress you indicate to send the invite to be a mentor for Apache.

>> PMCs, read carefully please.
>>
>> We request that each mentor is acknowledged by a PMC member. This is to ensure the
mentor is in good standing with the community. When you receive a request for acknowledgement,
please ACK it and cc mentors@community.apache.org