fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Discussion of Backwards Compatibility for Apache Fineract Maturity Evaluation
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:16:37 GMT
Hi all,

I"m going to start a couple different threads so we can gather additional
feedback and discuss how we can improve on some of the areas of our Apache
Fineract evaluation.

In this thread I wanted to discuss backwards compatibility.

Criteria for QU40: *The project puts a high priority on backwards
compatibility and aims to document any incompatible changes and provide
tools and documentation to help users transition to new features.*

Sander's Evaluation: Insufficient, while we have structures in place that
would support versioning of API's etc this has not been done at all, and as
such backwards compatibility is not great, this is also not helped by not
clearly stating which breaking changes are part of a given release.

Sander, could you elaborate with more specifics so that Nazeer, Adi and
others can identify how these concerns can be addressed.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*