fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <mkra...@mifos.org>
Subject Please help evaluation Fineract's readiness for graduation
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 11:21:26 GMT
Hi all,

Apache has a project maturity model which can be used to evaluate readiness
for graduation.  It's a guide rather then a set of requirements, but I
believe we can use it.  I've used it to create a page evaluating *our*
readiness:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Maturity+Evaluation

The evaluation is not finished.  Apache Fineract needs the following from
you:
* Evaluate the criteria which I did not evaluate.  I've highlighted them in
blue.
* Check the evaluation of the criteria which already have one.  If your
evaluation differs, document your disagreement. If you agree with the
evaluation, add your committer id.
* On those criteria in which Apache Fineract still has work to do before
graduation (highlighted in red), check if you can do that work.  I've left
at least one low-hanging fruit in there.  Who will find it first?
* If you feel we need to add a criteria, add it, and explain why.

Once we have met all criteria, we should propose ourselves for graduation.

Looking at our current state, we've made tremendous progress since we
entered incubation in December 2015, and I'd like us to make the push for
those last few bits in 2017.  I believe that, if we as a community wish to,
we can achieve this in the first quarter of this year.

Greets,
Myrle

*Myrle Krantz*
Solutions Architect