fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Gei? <markus.ge...@live.de>
Subject RE: Business Event Processor
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2016 15:21:18 GMT
Hey,

why not utilizing an existing event queue, e.g. ActiveMQ, to get this feature in. I don't
see any real benefit of creating our own mechanism for this.

And I believe we are mixing requirements/features here, e.g. data driven auth is not an event
feature ... so it should not be modeled to become one.

Cheers

Markus

From: Adi Raju [mailto:adi.raju@confluxtechnologies.com]
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 10:14 AM
To: dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Business Event Processor

Hi All,

Of late, community has been building features like 'Workflow using datatables', 'Triggered
SMS', 'Notifications' etc, also we have many more features in roadmap like 'Flagging of Accounts',
'Data Driven Authorisation', 'Tasks Framework' etc. In all of these features, there is one
commonality, which is to listen on a business event on an entity and perform either additional
validation or processing. Drawback being that on each such business event each of these additional
processing/validation results in a Database query to check if any additional processing or
validation is required. The more such features we continue to add, the more we are slowing
down the system by way of adding more and more DB calls whether required or not. Also we are
adding more and more new APIs and related processing code which in my view is mundane as well
as time consuming. This design proposes to generalize all such features under one single framework
and API modelling, thus reducing the calls to DB and also improving the turn-around time for
feature addition.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Business+Event+Processor

Please review and provide your comments.

Regards,
Adi Raju

Principal Architect, Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd<http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/>
Address: #304, 2nd Floor, 7th Main Road, HRBR Layout 1st Block, Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043
INDIA

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail message and any files/attachment transmitted
with it is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) or entity identified.
If you are not the intended recipient, please email: support@confluxtechnologies.com<mailto:support@confluxtechnologies.com>
and destroy/delete all copies and attachment thereto along with the original message. Any
unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and is unlawful.
The recipient acknowledges that Conflux Technologies Private Limited or its subsidiaries and
associated companies are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over
the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions. Before opening any attachments,
please check.

[Finflux]