fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Lionel Raymundi - Poincenot <lio...@poincenot.com>
Subject Configuring Penalty Charge depending on loan's interest rate
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 13:32:10 GMT
Hi devs,

According to our business definition, we should charge penalties for unpaid
overdued installments as follows:

Every overdue day, charge (installment capital) * (daily interest rate *
1.5)

I know I can configure the penalty as "percentage of amount". The problem
is that I cant set a fixed value on "amount", as it depends on the loan's
nominal interest rate (which is not the same for every loan). I am
attaching an image of the intended calculation.

I was thinking on developing a new Charge Calculation type as "% Amount *
Interest rate". By doing this, the amount is still fixed, but the base for
the calculation would allow me to do what I need.

Is this the only way or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance

Lionel