fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Thynn Win <thynn....@thitsaworks.com>
Subject Mifos upgrade (Multi tenant env) and how to handle schema changes (if any)
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 01:47:36 GMT
Hi all,

We are planning to upgrade from 16.03.03 to 16.09.01 (windows env). We would like to know
if the upgrade scripts are run at the re-start of tomcat server and will the data structure
changes be applied to all tenant databases? Suppose we have 5 tenants using the same application
server but a different database server for their tenant databases. We understand the application
will be upgraded with new war files but would like to know -

1) whether the data structure (dll statements) changes will be applied to all tenants also

2) how to find out which release has database changes and which not. This way, we can pay
attention to which release has structure changes and also verify them after the upgrade.

For instance: We see that 16.08.01 has a feature for capturing client address and we assume
it will have some database structure changes.

If you could provide us advise or directions on how the upgrade generally work in multi-tenant
environment and how we can verify the changes, we would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Thynn