fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Re: Excel import/export help needed?
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2016 17:32:23 GMT
Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out. I will let Myrle respond as it relates to the
plans for getting data to and from Excel for Apache Fineract Version 2, the
new framework architecture, she was presenting on.

Right now, we do currently have a need for volunteers to assist with our
Excel-based data import tool which is in fact based on Apache POI. It
currently is a separate module from the Apache Fineract platform but we do
want to integrate it into the platform and continue to add support for
additional data that can be imported in via Excel.

You can find the source code at https://github.com/openMF/DataImportTool

The gitter chatroom for the tool is at:
https://gitter.im/openMF/DataImportTool

Here are the docs on the data import tool:
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/docs/Getting+started+with+-+Data+Import+Tool

I've also cc'd Nayan, one of our community mentors, who has overseen the
previous developers and interns working on it.

Ed

--
*Ed Cable*