fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Myrle Krantz <mkra...@mifos.org>
Subject Composing a Release out of Microservices
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 11:26:32 GMT
Hi all,

It's been a few months but we talked about how we wish to compose a release
out of microservices when we "finish" decomposing Fineract from a monolith
into microservices.  After our conversation, I put a lot of thought into
what that would look like.  In fact, it's the basis of a talk I'm giving
next Thursday at ApacheCon.  I've put together a description of the
constraints and the possible solutions in our Confluence:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Composing+a+Release+out+of+Microservices

I very much welcome your feedback.  Perhaps you have some insights I've
missed, or maybe just some points I could explain more clearly.  Your
feedback will help me next week, but it will also be the basis of how we
decide to compose our microservice release train, and as a consequence,
what kind of infrastructure support we need from Apache.

Greets,
Myrle

P.S.  I know it's missing some graphic support.  When I get time, I'll use
the presentation for next week as the basis for creating the necessary
graphic support.  The presentation slides are available here:
http://schd.ws/hosted_files/apacheconeu2016/c3/ApacheCon%20EU%202016%20Versioning%20REST%20Microservices.pdf

*Myrle Krantz*
Solutions Architect
RɅĐɅЯ, The Mifos Initiative