fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Re: Your Mifos Experience
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 18:21:31 GMT
Hi Amit,

I'm glad to hear you're looking at Mifos X/Fineract as the banking solution
to power your greenfield MFI. Unfortunately Shreyaank has been offline due
to to Dengue Fever. I put some brief responses inline to your comments but
your best best on support is via our developer mailing list on Fineract. I
have sent this message to the email list. So please respond on this thread.
I have also cc'd Michael Vorburger, one of the developers who worked on the
Templates module.

You can subscribe to the fineract developer mailing list by sending a blank
email to dev
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/56ab8bece4b02bbe46267db7?link=bWFpbHRvJTNBZGV2LXN1YnNjcmliZSU0MGZpbmVyYWN0LmluY3ViYXRvci5hcGFjaGUub3Jn>
-subscribe@
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/56ab8bece4b02bbe46267db7?link=bWFpbHRvJTNBZGV2LXN1YnNjcmliZSU0MGZpbmVyYWN0LmluY3ViYXRvci5hcGFjaGUub3Jn>
fineract.incubator.apache.org

Then just send email to dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/576c0d86e4b02bbec5bc8d7b?link=bWFpbHRvJTNBZGV2JTQwZmluZXJhY3QuaW5jdWJhdG9yLmFwYWNoZS5vcmc=>

> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Amit Sharma <amkrsharma@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thanks Jacob for connecting us.
>>

>> Let me introduce myself Shreyaank. I am Amit Sharma, I have spent over
10 years working in the investment banking domain for EuroClear, JP Morgan
Chase, MF Global, Barclays Capital and Markit.

>> I along with a couple of my friends are looking at setting up an MFI (
www.prashray.org  the website is still getting designed, these are few
pages that I put myself). Our Bplan was the finalist at the Power of Ideas
2015 and as part of the program I spent 2 weeks at IIM Ahmadabad sprucing
up my plan and pitching it to investors.

>> Now that we are starting operations, we are looking at getting a Core
Banking Solution in place from the day one of our operations. We have so
far moved on from OpenCBS and Octopus and are seriously looking  at Mifos
among other options.

>> While configuring Mifos I am facing few challenges, it'll be great if
you could help me with them:

>> 1.  In the loan documents we need details of the Guarantor, I am using
the template to configure this and have used the "Mapper Key: guarantor"
and the "Mapper value:
loans/{{loanId}}/guarantors?tenantIdentifier=default" . When I try to pick
the value " guarantor.firstname" its throwing the exception "cannot
deserialize instance of java.util.HashMap out of STRAY_ARRAY token"

>> 2. We have captured additional details for the client in custom data
tables and would need to populate them in loan documents. For the table "
additional personal details " mapped to m_client how do we configure it
under templates.

>> 3. We need a credit score to be generated for each client and guarantor,
it will be based on the data populated in custom data tables, what will be
the best way to do so.

>> I look forward to your responses and if need be we can get into a call
as we have the advantage of being in the same time zone.

>> Regards,
>>
>> Amit Sharma
>>
>> +91 995 300 4074
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 9:01 PM, Jacob Kobzi <jkobzi@mifos.org> wrote:

>>> Hello Amit,
>>>
>>> I apologize for the delayed response. If the Skype has note responded,
I would recommend emailing our technical support directly at
shreyaank@confluxtechnologies.com. Our expert's name is Shreyaank and
should be able to assist you. Hopefully that helps!

wrote:

> [...]
tried Gitter Chat and mifos.support on Skype but haven't received any

wrote:

> [...]
your technical  issue, if it continues to happen, just ping* mifos.support*
on Skype and they should be able to help.

fully engage with Mifos and we will be here to help every step of the way!

and
let us know if there is any way we can help you out.

wrote:

> [...]
setting up an MFI in India and am currently exploring CBS solutions, I
migrated to Mifos recently as the earlier ones that I had configured for my
organization didn't work out after a stage. So far configuring them on my
own.

is
only one glitch that I have faced, its with managing data tables, its
throwing erratic errors while adding new fields to the custom data table.
Any pointers that you would have regarding it

would like to formally engage with Mifos to take this forward.

wrote:

> [...]
Team and
I are thrilled that you chose to use MifosX for your financial inclusion
needs. How has your experience been so far? We at the Mifos Team would like
to help you optimize your Mifos X experience. We have multiple resources at
our disposal to help you reach your goals.

microfinance institutions prefer to start with the trial instance program
over the downloadable content. The sandbox version is populated with sample
data and has the latest version of Mifos, Mifos X 16.01, installed. You can
check out a demo of it here.
<https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/RES/2015-04-16+Meeting+Notes> If
you're interested, please fill out this form
<http://mifos.org/take-action/get-mifos/trial/> to enroll in our free trial
instance program. The 3 month trial is hosted on our servers.

you in
contact with a regional partner. Partners are certified through the Mifos
Initiative and specialize in software customization and optimization. They
will allow your organization to get deployed with MifosX. Let me know if
you would like to be put in contact with a partner. You can also see a
listing of all certified partners on our partner directory.
<http://mifos.org/directory/>

The
mailing list is the center of an online network of support comprised of
Mifos Software Developers,  successful Mifos users, and certified partners.
The mailing list can be used to address any technical or non-technical
questions you may have. It can be found here
<http://mifos.org/resources/community/communications/>
with Mifos, don't hesitate to contact me at jkobzi@mifos.org

*>>>>>>>>*
*>>>>>>>> Jacob Kobzi*

| Mobile:
+1.858.204.9386

*>>>>>>*
*>>>>>> Jacob Kobzi*

+1.858.204.9386

>>> --
*>>>*
*>>> Jacob Kobzi*

>>> Mifos Intern
>>>
>>> CRM and Partner Growth, Mifos Initiative
>>> jkobzi@mifos.org <jkobzi@mifos.org> | skype: jrkobzi | Mobile:
+1.858.204.9386

>> --
>> stay beautiful,
>> Amit Sharma
>

> --
> stay beautiful,
> Amit Sharma
>

> --
*>*
*> Jacob Kobzi*

> Mifos Intern
>
> CRM and Partner Growth, Mifos Initiative
> jkobzi@mifos.org <jkobzi@mifos.org> | skype: jrkobzi | Mobile:
+1.858.204.9386

--
*Ed Cable*