fineract-dev mailing list archives

From James Dailey <jamespdai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mifos-developer] Address API docs
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 17:47:50 GMT
Hi

Can I ask perhaps a few naive (and somewhat related) questions?  :

1.  If we were to include an email address for the client in the client
table (I always say "customer"), would this belong as part of the Physical
Address?  Or as part of the client/customer Identifier record? 1:1 or n:1?
2.  Does Address extend the Client Identifier (
https://demo.openmf.org/api-docs/apiLive.htm#client_identifiers_create)
or it is somehow associated via another mechanism?   Can clients have more
than one address - e.g. business locations and home?
3.  If address fields are not applicable to person due to lack of postal
system coverage, could a mifos installation alternatively use one of the
more novel address schemes - e.g. "WhatThreeWords"?
4.  Unrelated to current concept of Physical Address, what if we want to
have a unique "address" assigned in the mifos domain (e.g. www.financeXYZ.co)
such that frank123@financeXYZ.co, is a unique account address in the
world.  Is there a fixed location table field in Mifos for this?  (Yes, I
am asking for a unique identifier address based on internet protocol in a
pre-defined place in the API.)

- James

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 11:40 AM Nikhil Pawar <nickrp89@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please find the Wiki link for this discussion:
>
> https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/projects/Technical+Description+of+Address+API
>
> The page consolidates the proposal.
>
>  Also, I  am proposing an additional change in existing client api,wherein
> if the address configuration is enabled, then creating client would require
> address field to be specified right at the onset
> Kindly provide your feedback on this part as well.
>
> Regards,
> Nikhil
>
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Nikhil Pawar <nickrp89@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Myrle,
>>
>> We can follow GENC code, it is a US standard which identifies
>> Geopolitical entities within Countries.
>> Its description says it corresponds to ISO 3166-2.:
>> http://www.statoids.com/uin.html
>>

>> Regards,
>> Nikhil
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Myrle Krantz <mkrantz@mifos.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Nayan,
>>>
>>> I'm just trying to understand is all.  Where do potential values for
>>> "state_province_id" come from?
>>>
>>> Greets,
>>> Myrle
>>>

>>> *Myrle Krantz*