fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Nayan Ambali <nayan.amb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mifos-developer] Address API docs
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 01:43:33 GMT
James,

I would say these are most relevant and sensible questions, and first phase
of address implementation scope is based on your suggestion of MVP first,
so keeping minimal required features.

My reply inlined

1.  If we were to include an email address for the client in the client
table (I always say "customer"), would this belong as part of the Physical
Address?  Or as part of the client/customer Identifier record? 1:1 or n:1?

>> In present address module scope, it it only the physical address will be
captured, I recommend Fineract should have similar module to capture
electronic communication address, like e-mail address, mobile number

2.  Does Address extend the Client Identifier (
https://demo.openmf.org/api-docs/apiLive.htm#client_identifiers_create)
or it is somehow associated via another mechanism?

>> No, it does not, But we need to have mapping of address and the address
proof documents (identifiers). I want to understand why we need to extended
Client identifier to capture address?

Can clients have more than one address - e.g. business locations and home?

>> Yes, like communication, permanent, officer etc

3.  If address fields are not applicable to person due to lack of postal
system coverage, could a mifos installation alternatively use one of the
more novel address schemes - e.g. "WhatThreeWords"?

Yes, address fields can be enabled, disabled and can be made mandatory and
each field can have its own regex for validation for each installation
(each tenant)

4.  Unrelated to current concept of Physical Address, what if we want to
have a unique "address" assigned in the mifos domain (e.g. www.financeXYZ.co)
such that frank123@financeXYZ.co, is a unique account address in the
world.  Is there a fixed location table field in Mifos for this?  (Yes, I
am asking for a unique identifier address based on internet protocol in a
pre-defined place in the API.)

I am not clear on this question, by design address is not tightly mapped to
any entity, example there is address and same address can be mapped to the
customer address and customer's spouse address and also there is provision
to capture the lat and lang coordinates.
This design provides option to see overlapping addresses across the
customers.
In India government agencies are also trying for something similar, getting
house id for each house address.

Note: I have updated the document, please have look again at
https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/projects/Technical+Description+of+Address+API

Thanks and Regards,
Nayan Ambali
+91 9591996042