fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Carlson <dancarl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC 2016 - Authentication on the Mifos REST API
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2016 07:31:27 GMT
Hi Shreyaank,

But when I use that from within my code. Like for example when the user
logs in, they enter their username and password(in this case mifos and
password), I want to use this to log them onto the mifos platform so I use
that call from within my code. But I am getting CORS errors. I had to
download and add a plugin in Chrome which enables that. Could you tell how
to fix this so that it works on all browsers? This is because clients with
Chrome may not have this plugin.

Cheers!
Daniel Carlson

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Daniel Carlson <dancarl758@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nikhil, Terence,
>
> I wanted to do this from within the code as it is part of the login
> service for my app.
>
> Terence that solved it thanks. Many heads are indeed better than one.
>
> Cheers!
> Daniel Carlson
>

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Nikhil Pawar <nickrp89@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Daniel,
>>
>> Need not pass username and password as query parameter.(its not GET
>> method)
>> Try this:
>>
>> https://localhost:8443/fineract-provider/api/v1/offices?tenantIdentifier=default
>>
>> and then you will be asked for username and password.
>>
>> You can also use clients like Postman for chrome or RESTClient for mozilla
>> for testing of REST API.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nikhil
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Daniel Carlson <dancarl758@gmail.com>