fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [FINERACT] 0.3.2-incubating for release
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2016 22:32:41 GMT
Hi,

> This is the approach we have taken to clearly demonstrate that LGPL dependency is used
only for test or development.

AFAIK there is no ASF policy that allows LGPL/GPL dependancy for use for testing , there’s
a build tool exception but that is different. There is a policy that allows category X (which
LGPL/GPL) to be used as a dependancy if it is optional i.e. the majority of users would not
need to download and use the LGPL software in question in order to use it.

I think the question you need to ask is that the case? In compiling do users currently download
the LGPL dependancy? And if they do are they aware of it?

Thanks,
Justin