fineract-dev mailing list archives

From "Zayyad A. Said" <zay...@intrasofttechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Getting a problem in creating a client
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 14:44:10 GMT
Adi,

I think we should also think of adding office short code as a prefix for client account number.

Most institutions would like to differentiate their clients by office and having only office
name with restrictions of 20 character may pose similar challenges.

I had a case like this with a client and we used different codes as client types just to differentiate
the account numbers.

Regards;

*******
Zayyad A. Said | Chairman & C.E.O

Cell No.: +254 716 615274 | Skype: zsaid2011
Email: zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com

-----Original Message-----
From: MexinaM Daniel [mailto:mexina@singo.co.tz]
Sent: 14 July 2016 17:03
To: dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting a problem in creating a client

Dear Adi

I have understood you.

Thank you for the explanation.

Regards
Mexina.

On 07/14/2016 03:52 PM, Adi Raju wrote:
> Max length for account no is 20 characters.
> When you configure it to have a prefix of office name and length of office name is more
than 20 char, it gets truncated. Thus for all the successive clients account number generated
would be same, which violates the uniqueness of that field.

> When someone wants to use office name as prefix, I would assume they would have consciously
used office names that are short. An account No with long office name as prefix doesn't make
sense to me.

> Regards,
> Adi

and when i changed to "client-type" i can create a client now.