fineract-dev mailing list archives

From <nikhilpa...@yahoo.in.INVALID>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Query regarding standard address table
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 10:20:09 GMT
I could not convince myself with your third point.Let me explain by taking a simple use case
of slum dwellers in Mumbai.In Mumbai there is one government scheme named as 'SRA' wherein
slum dwellers are given houses in building in exchange of their slums.In between this exchange,
there is a time slot of 4-5 years wherein slum dwellers have address proof of their slums(
which is not in existence now) and are currently living in temporary accommodation( whose
address proof) they don't have.Only in such cases it makes sense to store two addresses( permanent
and current). In rest of the cases, we would rather go with permanent address, instead of
storing two same address.So is there still a need of storing a boolean value.Let me know your
view on this.
Regards,Nikhil
      From: Saransh Sharma <saransh@theupscale.in>
 To: dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org
Cc: Nayan Ambali <nayan.ambali@gmail.com>; NIKHIL PAWAR <nikhilpawar@yahoo.in>;
Dayna Harp <dharp@mifos.org>; Mifos Software Development <mifos-developer@lists.sourceforge.net>;
Markus GeiƟ <mgeiss@mifos.org>; Ed Cable <edcable@mifos.org>; Nazeer Shaik <nazeer.shaik@confluxtechnologies.com>
 Sent: Thursday, 30 June 2016 3:29 PM
 Subject: Re: [IMPORTANT] Query regarding standard address table

See, the flow is generic while adding addresses for the customer the basic
flow should be,

1 Address Type as suggested by Srinivasan but it should not duplicate the
same address type we should be able to add more, addressType as per the
requirements once the addressType is created it should not create the same
addressType again

2 State Type we can load it from CodeValues

3. There are some cases when the customer have same address for case like
Permanent and Residential a boolean for sameAddressType should be
introduced or isBoth kind of boolean should be introduced and once the
addresses are same it should not create new address type with the following
one,