fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject Re: Microservices
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 12:50:46 GMT
Myrle,

Microservices seems to be one of the big popular themes at OSCON this year
- Drew and I are going to attend some sessions to get up to speed from a
layperson's view :)

http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source-us/public/schedule/grid/public/2016-05-18
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/573c64ece4b02bbec5bc652d?link=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmNvbmZlcmVuY2VzLm9yZWlsbHkuY29tJTJGb3Njb24lMkZvcGVuLXNvdXJjZS11cyUyRnB1YmxpYyUyRnNjaGVkdWxlJTJGZ3JpZCUyRnB1YmxpYyUyRjIwMTYtMDUtMTg=>

Ed

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:35 AM, Myrle Krantz <mkrantz@mifos.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As many of you know Markus and I are thinking through a rearchitecting of
> Fineract into microservices. Markus gave some of you a preview into our
> work at the Mifos tech conference in Amsterdam in March (those of you who
> are interested and weren’t able to attend can check it out on Youtube here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrnZpoNZ9A -- my apologies for the poor
> video quality)
>
> If you want to get an introductory understanding of what a microservice is,
> this is a good place to go:
>
> http://martinfowler.com/articles/microservices.html
>
> If there is interest, (and I have time), I’ll try to send you more
> information about my ideas as they take shape.
>
> Greets,
>
> Myrle
>
> P.S.  Here’s Spring’s take on this:
> https://spring.io/blog/2015/07/14/microservices-with-spring