fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van der Heyden <sandervanderhey...@musoni.eu>
Subject Re: Loan Fees Bug
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 19:54:43 GMT
Hi Zayyad,

This is not a bug, but actually existing functionality that has worked like
this at least for the last year or so. We've been educating our users on
this for  quite some time.

The logic behind this is very much tied to the structure in the system.
Because loan payments and charges are all linked to schedule instalments,
any loan fee that is set up as "Specified due date" is actually tied to the
loan instalment it falls into, and therefore (depending on the payment
order picked), it will be paid off as soon as the first payment 'hits' that
instalment, which in your case is that payment from earlier on.

If the fee is applied after the payment and no backdates are made, this
won't cause any weird bookings, but as soon as you start backdating or
adjusting older payments the reprocessing of the schedule will re-allocate
the payments like this.

I completely understand that this is seen as 'undesirable' behaviour, but
this is also quite a core bit of code around the charges, that would need
to be redesigned to change this. If this is therefore core-team development
effort, I propose to treat this as a known error / improvement and not rush
into revamping part of the charges code without also considering other
improvements (or creating bugs while solving others). But keen to hear
other thoughts on this from the other devs?

Thanks,
Sander

Sander van der Heyden

CTO Musoni Services

Mobile (NL): +31 (0)6 14239505
Skype: s.vdheyden
Website: musonisystem.com
Follow us on Twitter!  <https://twitter.com/musonimfi>
Postal address: Hillegomstraat 12-14, office 0.09, 1058 LS, Amsterdam,
The Netherlands