fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: New contributor introduction
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 00:05:18 GMT
Markus,

great suggestion on biting on the small issues. Quick question
for you (and the rest of the community): do you guys mark beginner
issues in your JIRA? A lot of projects do use a certain label
(like... "beginner" ;-)) which make it super easy for the new comers
to look at the list of what they can tackle.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 7:40 AM, Markus Geiß <markus.geiss@live.de> wrote:
> Hey Aditya,
>
> welcome to our family. ; o)
>
> You should get started making yourself comfortable with our codebase and try
> to solve some small issues to get a feeling for it.
>
> Don't hesitate to drop us a line if you are stuck or need support in understanding
> what the hack we are doing.
>
> Looking forward to hear and see more from you. ; o)
>
> Best,
>
> Markus
>
> .::YAGNI likes a DRY KISS::.

>> From: meta1729@gmail.com
>> Subject: New contributor introduction
>> To: dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org
>> Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 18:53:29 +0530
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am an M.Sc. student at Chennai Mathematical Institute, India.
>> As part of Google Summer of Code, I'll be working on integrating UPI[1] support into
Fineract. I am being mentored by Markus Geiß on this project.

>> The NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India) has launched the Unified Payment
Interface which comprises a new protocol. Banks, Payment Banks, Prepaid Payment Instrument
Issuers, and other participating entities, collectively termed as Payment System Players (PSP)
will use this protocol to interface with the NPCI for Direct Pay, Collect Pay transactions.
You can find the technical specification of UPI on NPCI website[1].

>> [1] UPI technical specification: http://www.npci.org.in/UPI_Documents.aspx
>>
>> Right now, I am only getting started studying Fineract, UPI and how UPI can fit into
Fineract, but on successful completion, Fineract users should be able to use the services
of NPCI such as IMPS (Immediate Payment System), AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System), NFS
(National Financial Switch) etc. In other words, they will be able to acquire customers, provide
payment (credit/debit) services to individuals or entities, in India.

>> I found the following pages very useful in understanding Fineract:
>>
>> [2] Platform Software Architecture Document https://demo.openmf.org/architecture/
>> [3] Mifos X API documentation https://demo.openmf.org/api-docs/apiLive.htm
>> [4] The public demo instance itself at https://demo.openmf.org/
>> [5] Fineract confluence wiki https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Fineract+Home
>> [6] Mifos Developer Zone https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/MDZ/Welcome+to+the+Zone
>>
>> Other GSoC contributors will also find the above documents useful.
>>
>> It would be nice to have a list of Fineract users in India with their contact information.
Do we have such a list?

>> This Fineract proposal[6] document on the Incubator Wiki explains the relation between
Mifos X and Fineract.