fineract-dev mailing list archives

From "Zayyad A. Said" <zay...@intrasofttechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Loan Fees Bug
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 19:15:53 GMT
Hi Devs,

Anyone who was able to look into this?

Kindly advise way forward.

Regards;

*******

Zayyad A. Said | Chairman & C.E.O

Cell No.: +254 716 615274 | Skype: zsaid2011

Email: zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com

Email banner

From: Zayyad A. Said [mailto:zayyad@intrasofttechnologies.com]
Sent: 04 May 2016 19:15
To: 'Sander van der Heyden'; 'dev@fineract.incubator.apache.org'
Cc: 'Sangamesh N'
Subject: RE: Loan Fees Bug

Sander,

If this is how it’s been functioning for the last two years, then I must say we have all
been in darkness for quite some time. The system should not function like this.

If I charge a client in June for example, that income needs to be reported in June which is
the month  the fee was charged and not before. It beats the logic to report that income in
the month when there was last payment (say April) in the account.

<< If the fee is applied after the payment and no backdates are made, this won't cause
any weird bookings, but as soon as you start backdating or adjusting older payments the reprocessing
of the schedule will re-allocate the payments like this.>>

Please note in the sample I gave in my email, the charge was actually applied on 1st May 2016
and paid same day after the payment of 15th April 2016 had already been made.

I strongly recommend someone to carefully analyze this situation and propose right solution
otherwise the system would not be giving right financial reports which are key to the Financial
Institutions.

Regards;

*******