fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Cable <edca...@mifos.org>
Subject DISCUSS: What line of credit products need to be supported in Fineract?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 19:01:52 GMT
As part of the Q2 release cycle, we're exploring extending our flexible
loan schedules work by adding support for a line of credit.

Line of Credit support means various things in different core banking
systems. We've outlined some of the definitions in this Google Doc:
https://goo.gl/rnZAZd
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/57055898e4b02bbec5bc21dc?link=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZnb28uZ2wlMkZyblpBWmQ=>

We'd like to get feedback on *what are the most common line of credit
products that need to be supported *so we can design the specification
accordingly and take up the work in the upcoming quarter.

I personally would like to see full support for a true revolving line of
credit product (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-134
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/57055898e4b02bbec5bc21dc?link=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZpc3N1ZXMuYXBhY2hlLm9yZyUyRmppcmElMkZicm93c2UlMkZGSU5FUkFDVC0xMzQ=>)
that is distinct from our current installment-based loans, our tranche
loans, and our overdraft accounts that incur interest for negative
balances.

As part of this bucket of work for Phase 3 of our Flexible Loan Schedules,
support could be added for top-up loans:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-131
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/57055898e4b02bbec5bc21dc?link=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZpc3N1ZXMuYXBhY2hlLm9yZyUyRmppcmElMkZicm93c2UlMkZGSU5FUkFDVC0xMzE=>

Please provide reply to this thread with what type of line of credit
products you need support for and add comments to each of these tickets.
*Ed Cable*
edcable@mifos.org
<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/57055898e4b02bbec5bc21dc?link=bWFpbHRvJTNBZWRjYWJsZSU0MG1pZm9zLm9yZw==>

Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/57055898e4b02bbec5bc21dc?link=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRm1pZm9zLm9yZw==>

<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/57055898e4b02bbec5bc21dc?link=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRmZhY2Vib29rLmNvbSUyRm1pZm9z>

<https://web.chilipiper.com/link/mifos.org/57055898e4b02bbec5bc21dc?link=aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRnd3dy50d2l0dGVyLmNvbSUyRm1pZm9z>