fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Adi Raju <raj...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] [FINERACT] 0.1.0.incubating for release
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:45:16 GMT
Hello All,

I have prepared the files for first release of FINERACT.
The files are hosted at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/fineract/
This is a source only release with no binaries, with instructions on how to
build/test the application.

Being the first release, I request the mentors to review the content,
especially of LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files.

We have multi-tenancy architecture. Main DB contains list of tenants and
their corresponding DB names and access details.
These tenant specific DB can even have variations in schema. Access to
these tenant databases are created at runtime.
Enhancement of entity objects corresponding to tenant databases fails with
OpenJPA. This is because access to DB metadata of tenant databases is not
available at boot time.
We couldn't migrate to OpenJPA and avoid dependency on Hibernate(LGPLv2.1).
Since we are making source only distribution, can we get waiver on this
dependency?

With this background, I call for formal VOTING for the first release.

Regards,
Adi Raju