fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [FINERACT] 0.1.0.incubating for release
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:01:48 GMT
Hi,

> Since we are intending to make source only release and not include any jar
> or compiled binaries.

Part of the issue here is your current LICENSE/NOTICE lists dependancies not just what is
bundled in the release. You only need to list what is bundled.

> In such case, we wouldn't have anything other than apache text in these
> files isnt't it?

No. You bundle several MIT and BSD licensed bits of software, they will need to be added to
LICENSE. Just follow the  the instructions here. [1]

> We cannot even depend on cat-x licensed libraries?

No you can’t have any category X dependancies. The terms of those licenses are not compatible
with the Apache license.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html