fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Aditya H <meta1...@gmail.com>
Subject New contributor introduction
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:23:29 GMT
Hello all,

I am an M.Sc. student at Chennai Mathematical Institute, India.
As part of Google Summer of Code, I'll be working on integrating UPI[1] support into Fineract.
I am being mentored by Markus GeiƟ on this project.

The NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India) has launched the Unified Payment Interface
which comprises a new protocol. Banks, Payment Banks, Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers,
and other participating entities, collectively termed as Payment System Players (PSP) will
use this protocol to interface with the NPCI for Direct Pay, Collect Pay transactions. You
can find the technical specification of UPI on NPCI website[1].

[1] UPI technical specification: http://www.npci.org.in/UPI_Documents.aspx

Right now, I am only getting started studying Fineract, UPI and how UPI can fit into Fineract,
but on successful completion, Fineract users should be able to use the services of NPCI such
as IMPS (Immediate Payment System), AEPS (Aadhaar Enabled Payment System), NFS (National Financial
Switch) etc. In other words, they will be able to acquire customers, provide payment (credit/debit)
services to individuals or entities, in India.

I found the following pages very useful in understanding Fineract:

[2] Platform Software Architecture Document https://demo.openmf.org/architecture/
[3] Mifos X API documentation https://demo.openmf.org/api-docs/apiLive.htm
[4] The public demo instance itself at https://demo.openmf.org/
[5] Fineract confluence wiki https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Fineract+Home
[6] Mifos Developer Zone https://mifosforge.jira.com/wiki/display/MDZ/Welcome+to+the+Zone

Other GSoC contributors will also find the above documents useful.

It would be nice to have a list of Fineract users in India with their contact information.
Do we have such a list?

This Fineract proposal[6] document on the Incubator Wiki explains the relation between Mifos
X and Fineract.

[7] https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/FineractProposal

Feel free to suggest pointers for this project.

--
Regards,
Aditya Hendre