fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [FINERACT] 0.1.0.incubating for release
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 07:05:14 GMT
Hi,

> Sorry if this call was confusing, but yes it is a call for a vote.

The process is to call for a vote on the general incubator list after the poddling have voted
on their dev list.

> We know about the issue with GPL (Hibernate Entity Manager), and started
> a discussion thread a while ago, asking for some guidance. It was not really
> clear to us, if we really need to change it, given we release source only and only
> use Hibernate at runtime for our integration tests.

If is only used for integration tests that may possibly be OK [1][2] but the best way to be
sure is to ask on legal discuss. If you want to make a release with a GPL dependancy you’ll
need legal VP approval (two incubator projects did this recently).

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#optional
2. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#build-tools