fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Sander van der Heyden <sandervanderhey...@musoni.eu>
Subject Expression language to extend datatables
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 07:16:32 GMT
Hi all,

We've been using the datatables quite extensively with more and more of our
clients, and have also been extending it a bit to make it more suitable for
offline use on a tablet etc.

The next step now would be to derive some of the fields in a datatable from
simple IF/ELSE statements or basic math formula's on other fields. For
example: The customer has entered a weekly income of 100 (field A) and a
weekly cost of 50 field (B) and we don't want a loan to take up more than
30% of his/her profits then in field C the formula would be (A-B)*30% = 15.
This would then obviously be stored and recalculated upon edit (if needed).

To implement this we can obviously already leverage the various metadata
tables we have around datatables, but I was not sure which expression
library would be most suitable. I've currently looked around and wrote-off
anything not suitable under the Apache license, or that has not had any
contributions for a long time. This turned up Apache jEXL -
http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-jexl/. I was wondering if any of
you had any experiences with it or have alternatives that are better suited?

Thanks,
Sander