fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Terence Monteiro <tere...@sanjosesolutions.in>
Subject Jira Workflow
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2016 03:17:49 GMT
Hello Devs,

Since we've got our Confluence and Jira setup, maybe it's time to start
thinking about how we'd like our sprints to work. We've had some discussion
about the committing and release process and my takeaways from these have
been the importance of Community. The initial interest in the project and
the ongoing discussions reflect and lively community at the moment, and I
believe we should aim high and think far at the moment.

So I'm suggesting the following model for Jira:

At the start of each quarter, we review the stories and the features
planned for the quarter. Developers do not need to get involved with high
level details because we'd prefer them to attack pressing issues (like the
battle against poverty) so I mean there is no obligation for devs to
comment or be involved in writing Jira Stories (assuming lazy consensus).
My interesting twist is that stories can be written by Community people
like Ed, people with a proven commitment to the cause of Fighting Poverty
through Technology or even evolve from or be written by people from
Financial Institutions on the ground.

Regarding the 2016 Q1 (Happy New Year folks), we can start with priority
features and bug fixes already in the old Jira system at
https://mifosforge.jira.com and based on the vote and the discretion of our
(El Capitan) Markus and the consent of our benevolent champion Ross and
fellow Mentors, start the year in earnest. What say?

--
Best Regards,
Terence Monteiro,

www.sanjosesolutions.in