fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Woodlock <keithwoodl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial code available
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:45:04 GMT
Markus,

Good stuff. Said i'd take a look around to see could I figure out what to
do if I wanted to contribute code to the project.

To start I had a look at http://fineract.incubator.apache.org/

That led me to the Contributors Zone -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Contributor's+Zone

First question I wanted to answer was:

 Do I need to sign any apache contributor agreement to submit code to the
project?.

I looked at the Newcomers to Apache guide (http://community.apache.org/)
first and from there that led me to How it Works (
http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html). The answer seemed to be
there:

A * committer * is a developer that was given write access to the code
repository and has a signed Contributor License Agreement (CLA)
<http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas> on file. They have an apache.org
mail address. Not needing to depend on other people for the patches, they
are actually making short-term decisions for the project.

So a non-core developer can still just do the fork and pull request model
without need to sign any agreement.

The readme on github now looks out of date and I couldnt find anything yet
about what a developer needs to do to get setup locally and running.

Few questions for you Markus to finish up:

I noticed that there is no UI code brought over into this repository, has
the previous Mifos X client been moved elsewhere or dropped?

Does this mean that this apache-fineract project is soley focussed on the
platform/backend side of things?

Keith.