fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Woodlock <keithwoodl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Initial code available
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:59:18 GMT
Markus,

Thanks for throwing this up.  I went through it from top to bottom to get
platform up and running locally.

- Already had mysql 5.7 installed (does it have to be 5.7? is that the
minimum)
- Already had Java 7 installed
- Didnt install tomcat 7 cause I wanted to use either the gradle tomcat
plugin or the spring boot approach locally for dev or from the IDE approach

In setting up the database you mention issing the following command

gradlew migrateTenantListDB -PdbName=mifosplatform-tenants

This failed for me as didnt understand gradlew, I have gradle installed but
doesnt look like the gradle wrapper artifacts are checked in so dropped
back to using gradle instead of gradlew (i know i could of installed gradle
using gradle wrapper task)

- using gradle and not gradlew Got the databases setup perfectly.

- As I said above, wanted to use embedded tomcats so didnt go down the
build a war and deploy to a tomcat with this configuration approach - so I
tried the old gradle tomcatRunWar and that seem to work (at least the
server started up and all 290 migrations were applied to the default tenant
database)

-  Developer Environment
I use eclipse so had to do a gradle clean cleanEclipse eclipse to generate
eclipse project files and then imported into Eclipse (luna) using the
Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace approach. This went
through fine and all code compiled in IDE

Now here is where I get blocked:

*After you have imported Apache Fineract, edit the file gradle.properties:*

env=dev
releaseVersion=SNAPSHOT

What cares about and uses these gradle properties? is it the bootRun task?

*Now synchronize the IDE project to reflect the changes done for the Gradle
project.*

When you say syncronize, what do you mean? when the project has compiled
within the IDE?

*Once the synchronize has finished you can configure your IDE to use either
the class ServerWithMariaDB4jApplication, if you don't want to install a
MySQL server, or **ServerApplication, if you have already installed a MySQL
server. This will allow you ton run and/or debug Apache Fineract within
your IDE.*

Sounds great but how do you configure your IDE to use these classes? any
pointers?

*In either case, an embedded Tomcat is started, using Spring Boot's
capabilities.*

Couldnt get the platform to startup from the IDE or from doing a gradle
bootRun on the command line could you provide steps of getting it to start
up from IDE and command line through gradle boot tasks

regards,
Keith.