fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Vishwas Babu <vish...@confluxtechnologies.com>
Subject Re: Missing git history
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 10:25:50 GMT
Markus,

I would assume that redoing the same, i.e changing the package structure in
an IDE and then re-licencing (a search replace) shouldn't take much time at
all for the core team.

Anyone maintaining a fork would be conversant enough with GIT to understand
what he / she are doing. Given that the fineract community isn't forcing
someone to use the new codebase as their upstream, I do not buy the
argument that this is a high risk for the community.

The Mifos community has always ensured that all releases are merged back
into both master / develop branch. So migrating any one of them to fineract
is all that a fork maintainer would need to update his fork.

Further, if you would poll the top 5 contributors to the Mifos platform
(myself included), I am sure that all things being equal we would all want
to maintain the commit history, unless there is a real reason to not do so.

Regards,
Vishwas