fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Geiss <markus.ge...@live.de>
Subject Re: Release cycle 2 months, soak period 2 weeks?
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 18:13:34 GMT
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 3:52 AM, Myrle Krantz <mkrantz@mifos.org> wrote:
>> Hi Fin Fans,
>>
>> To start the conversation on release cycle, I've documented my suggestion
>> here:
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FINERACT/Release+Management
>>
>> The additions to what was there before consist of:
>> * release cycle length added
>> * soak period shortened to better match release cycle length
>
> Would it be possible to spell out your release cadence model more explicitly?
> Is it a date-driven cadence (like Ubuntu, lets say) or a feature-driven one?
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

Given that we are releasing a software product, not a distribution of a
certain kind, e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, Mint, I think a feature-driven
model.

The development of Fineract will be driven by user requirements,
specific to the platform. Bundled libraries will only have influence
on the release schedule if a security issue was detected and fixed.

Best,

Markus

.::YAGNI likes a DRY KISS::.