fineract-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Git procedure and branching model
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2015 15:04:31 GMT
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 2:29 AM, Adi Raju <adi.raju@confluxtechnologies.com>
wrote:

> Do we allow releases to be made with known bugs?

In my 30 years of professional software experience ... YES.

There are always bugs in the software that gets released. Some known, some
unknown. If there are *known* bugs, then the community can decide to:
release, release with documentation, or hold to fix. ... but (again) in my
experience many people prefer a new release (albeit with problems) rather
than nothing. Scope the bug, document it, let people know if it may affect
them, then release the code.

You simply cannot hold software until all known bugs are resolved. You'll
never release. It's a balancing act, and a documentation issue.

Cheers,
-g