felix-users mailing list archives

From Amit <ad...@amitinside.com>
Subject HTTP Whiteboard HttpSessionListener Problem
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 12:20:49 GMT
Hi,

I am currently struggling with HTTP Whiteboard Session Listener. I have 2 servlets that use
their own ServletContextHelpers and ServletFilters which are registered for both the aforementioned
Servlet Contexts. The filters and servlets are working as expected but the custom HttpSessionListener callbacks
are never getting triggered when HttpRequest#getSession() is invoked in one of the servlets.

As an example,

@Component
@HttpWhiteboardListener
public final class ApplicationSession implements HttpSessionListener {

    private final AtomicInteger activeSessions = new AtomicInteger();

    @Override
    public void sessionCreated(final HttpSessionEvent sessionEvent) {
        activeSessions.incrementAndGet();
    }

    @Override
    public void sessionDestroyed(final HttpSessionEvent sessionEvent) {
        activeSessions.decrementAndGet();
    }

    public boolean isSessionValid() {
        return activeSessions.get() != 0;
    }

}

This is the custom listener I registered with the HTTP Whiteboard and it never gets invoked
when I call HttpRequest#getSession().

Is there anything I am missing? I would really appreciate further help on this regard. For
your information, I am currently using the latest version of Felix Jetty Bundle (4.0.6).

Thanks and Regards,

Amit Kumar Mondal
Phone: +49 160 9100 3436  Email: amit@amitinside.com
Skype: arsenalnerk   GitHub: amitjoy