felix-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to enable http2 in jetty
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:11:33 GMT

Am 19.10.2018 um 17:06 schrieb Raymond Auge:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 10:55 AM Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, you are assuming that people are using a tool which does the
>> resolving. Today you can simply download the Apache Felix Jetty bundle,
>> install and enjoy. No tooling required. With such a proposal we're
>> breaking this experience
>>

> Can I get a vote as to how many people actually get this experience?
>
> I feel this only works when you already know _exactly_ what you want, which
> I do not feel is the norm.

Not sure if I can follow here, people know that they want the Jetty
module, download it, install it and have a party. We've constantly
seeing people in our mailing lists saying that.

While resolver based tooling is awesome, it's not the way all people
work. Whether that is good or bad, does not matter. Requiring over 20
bundles to be installed to get a single functionality working seems
really like overkill.

Regards
Carsten