felix-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Höfler <Philipp.Hoef...@pernexas.com>
Subject Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Connect remote JMX
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:38:05 GMT
Hallo Ray, hallo JB,

thanks for your reply :-).

Maybe I have not clearly described the problem. I think you might have misunderstood it.
When compiling the application, the runable app.jar will be generated. This is working fine.
All dependencies are in place and I can start it.

Unfortunately, I am facing performance issues. Probably, these are related to the CMIS connection,
but I would like to find the bottle necks by monitoring the app.
My first approach was, to connect VisualVM to the packaged app. But - at least for me - it
was not possible.

Then, I followed JB's suggestion to use Karaf. But I've problems to deploy the app to Karaf
as I see missing dependencies.

I think I do not get the big picture here.
Based on JB's latest reply, I assume that with enRoute I do not have to use any container
like Karaf?
enRoute is for building standalone apps?
When using the "classic" OSGi it would be necessary to use an container, right?

Is the runnable jar the way of deploying enRoute apps?
My understand was, that this is used for testing and it should be deployed to an application
server / container like Karaf.

Best,
Philipp