felix-users mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Felix Logback version 1.0.0 Released
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:54:36 GMT
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Cristiano <cvgaviao@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, that is really cool !!
>
> great work, Raymond !
>
> I'm wondering... would be possible to setup logging (appenders or log
> level) using configuration admin service ?

Your wish is my command...  to link you to the latest Log Service 1.4
specification which adds configuration of log levels via configuration
admin [1] 😀👍.

However "appenders" in terms of the Log Service specification are still
handled through LogListener services. This has not changed. So no, the
logback appenders are not integrated with configuration admin.

The Felix Logback integration simply manages the root logger context [2]
through it's configuration file. It also creates a bridge via a LogListener
to pipe records to logback's appenders, whatever is configured in logback.

[1] https://osgi.org/specification/osgi.cmpn/7.0.0/service.log.html#d0e2548
[2] https://osgi.org/specification/osgi.cmpn/7.0.0/service.log.html#d0e2447

Sincerely,
- Ray