felix-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: apache felix and spring integration
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 05:26:25 GMT
Hi,

I second François here. Karaf is definitely an option.

As Karaf supports Spring, it would allow to "migrate" smoothly using Blueprint
and the Spring extender for instance.

Regards
JB

On 02/15/2018 04:38 AM, François Papon wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> You can take a look to Apache Karaf, it's an enterprise container base on OSGi (you can
choose Apache Felix as framework). It introduce the concept of feature for helping you to
deal with bundle dependencies and other framework like Spring.

> https://apache.karaf.org
>
> François
>
> Le 15 févr. 2018 5:29 AM, kentsang77 <kentsang77@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am new to apache feilx and tried the dictionary, spell checker and draw
>> shape tutorials.
>>
>> I have a very large spring base backend application. There are around 500
>> spring beans inside.
>>
>> They are mainly service handlers, DAOs and some beans for business logic.
>>
>> Server
>> -> Dispatcher (routing requests to handler)
>> -> Service Handler (handle the request and reply response)
>> -> DAOs (database insert / update / delete) / business logic beans
>>
>> Most service handlers have DAO / business logic bean injected. DAO and
>> business logic beans are shared by many service handlers as singleton bean.
>>
>> Now I want to restructure some handlers as osgi bundles and the Server act
>> as a osgi host.
>>
>> Is apache felix an appropriate framework for spring bean + osgi bundle? Any
>> example on integrating spring base application with apache felix?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ken
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://apache-felix.18485.x6.nabble.com/Apache-Felix-Users-f4833200.html