felix-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject How to augment final jar manifest with data from git-commit-id-plugin
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 18:24:27 GMT
I work on a large multiproject build, where the build artifacts are bundles.  All the child
poms are packaging "bundle", and they use the maven-bundle-plugin, and sometimes the "build-helper-maven-plugin"
to attach other artifacts.

I decided I wanted to augment the final manifest to include the current git commit id.  I
found the "git-commit-id-plugin", which seems to do the trick.  On simple test cases using
"jar" packaging, it correctly adds a manifest attribute with my git commit id to the manifest
in the resulting jar.

However, what I find in my real projects, using "bundle" packaging, is that the properties
appear to be set, and the entry I added to "manifestEntries" for the "maven-jar-plugin" does
result in a line being added to the manifest, but it doesn't substitute the property values
in that resulting line.

The difference here appears to be bundle packaging.  What do I have to do here to property
augment the resulting manifest with the properties I want?

I posted the details of my situation at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47272026/git-commit-id-placed-into-pom-memory-doesnt-go-into-manifest
.