felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New to Felix - can someone help explain what this error means (and how to fix it)?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 19:06:09 GMT
This error message simply says that your bundle imports (that is, it depends on) the package
named “oracle.security.jps”, but that no other bundle exports or provides that package.

The normal fix for this is to find a bundle that exports the package “oracle.security.jps”
and install it into your framework. The documentation for OAM should have a list somewhere
of all the bundles you need to make it work.

Regards,
Neil

> On 6 Sep 2017, at 19:19, o haya <ohaya@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am working on what Oracle calls an "authentication plugin" to work with their Oracle
Access Manager (OAM) product.

> I have implemented one of their sample plugins (SampleAuthPlugin) but now want to have
that plugin access another API that they have called the Identity Context API:

> https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/admin.1112/e27239/id_context.htm#AIAAG7296
>
> So I added some snippets from one of their examples on that page (Example 41-3) to make
a method that would list/dump out the contents of the Identity Context.  This new code has
dependencies on several other Oracle JARs, from what I can tell:

> IdentityContext.jar
> jps-api.jar
>
> Possibly some others, but my code compiled ok, and I could build a new SampleAuthPlugin.jar
successfully.

> However, when I try to (what oracle calls) "Activate" the plugin, I am getting errors.
 I've tried all kinds of things, but at this point, I am still getting this:

> <Sep 6, 2017 1:35:44 PM EDT> <Notice> <Stdout> <BEA-000000> <<Sep
6, 2017 1:35:44 PM EDT> <Warning> <oracle.oam.extensibility.lifecycle> <BEA-000000>
<Activation failed due to felix bundle exception while installing and starting the bundle.null
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>        at oracle.security.am.plugin.internal.OSGIPluginService.installAndStartBundle(OSGIPluginService.java:179)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.NodeMessageListener.installAndStartBundle(NodeMessageListener.java:66)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.NodeMessageListener.receiveMessage(NodeMessageListener.java:112)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.NodeMessageListener.receiveMessageList(NodeMessageListener.java:49)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.MessageListenerWrapper.objectCreated(MessageListenerWrapper.java:30)
>        at oracle.security.am.foundation.mapimpl.coherence.events.MapListenerWrapper.notifyListener(MapListenerWrapper.java:174)
>        at oracle.security.am.foundation.mapimpl.coherence.events.EventDispatcher.dispatch(EventDispatcher.java:132)
>        at oracle.security.am.foundation.mapimpl.coherence.events.EventDispatcher.run(EventDispatcher.java:114)
> Caused By: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle SampleAuthPlugin
[2]: Unable to resolve 2.0: missing requirement [2.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=oracle.security.jps)
> [...]
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>        at oracle.security.am.plugin.internal.OSGIPluginService.installAndStartBundle(OSGIPluginService.java:179)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.NodeMessageListener.installAndStartBundle(NodeMessageListener.java:66)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.NodeMessageListener.receiveMessage(NodeMessageListener.java:112)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.NodeMessageListener.receiveMessageList(NodeMessageListener.java:49)
>        at oracle.security.am.extensibility.lifecycle.messaging.MessageListenerWrapper.objectCreated(MessageListenerWrapper.java:30)
>        at oracle.security.am.foundation.mapimpl.coherence.events.MapListenerWrapper.notifyListener(MapListenerWrapper.java:174)
>        at oracle.security.am.foundation.mapimpl.coherence.events.EventDispatcher.dispatch(EventDispatcher.java:132)
>        at oracle.security.am.foundation.mapimpl.coherence.events.EventDispatcher.run(EventDispatcher.java:114)
>
> I guess the root cause must be this:
>
> Unresolved constraint in bundle SampleAuthPlugin [2]: Unable to resolve 2.0: missing
requirement [2.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=oracle.security.jps)

> but, I don't understand enough (== almost nothing) about Felix to understand what that
error message is telling me?

> Here is my current MANIFEST.MF:
>
> Manifest-Version: 1.0
> Bundle-Version: 10
> Bundle-Name: SampleAuthPlugin
> Bundle-Activator: sample.SampleAuthPlugin
> Bundle-ManifestVersion: 3
> Bundle-SymbolicName: SampleAuthPlugin
> Bundle-ClassPath: .,lib/IdentityContext.jar,lib/jps-api.jar,lib/jps-ee
> .jar,lib/jps-common.jar,lib/jps-unsupported-api.jar
> Import-Package: oracle.security.am.plugin,oracle.security.am.plugin.au
> thn,oracle.security.am.plugin.impl,oracle.security.am.plugin.api,orac
> le.security.am.plugin.identity.impl,oracle.security.am.common.utiliti
> es.principal,oracle.security.am.engines.common.identity.api,oracle.se
> curity.am.engines.common.identity.provider,oracle.security.am.engines
> .common.identity.provider.exceptions,oracle.security.idm,javax.securi
> ty.auth,org.osgi.framework;version="1.3.0"
>

> In the built JAR, I have:
>
> META-INF
>  ==> MANIFEST.MF
> sample
>  ==> SampleAuthPlugin.class, SampleAuthPlugin$1.class, Sample$2.class and TokenClass.class
> lib
>  ==> felix-service.jar
>         felix.jar
>         identity-provider.jar
>         oam-plugin.jar
>         utilities.jar
>
>         I added the following to resolve for compiling:
>         IdentityContext.jar
>         jps-api.jar
>         jps-common.jar
>         jps-ee.jar <== I added because this was in the Class-path in the (non-felix-type)
Manifest.mf of one of the other jars
>         jps-unsupported-api.jar <== I added because this was in the Class-path in
the (non-felix-type) Manifest.mf of one of the other jars

> Sorry for the "data dump" but I am hoping that someone can explain what that error is
telling me, and maybe suggest what might be wrong?