felix-users mailing list archives

From o haya <oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: New to Felix - can someone help explain what this error means (and how to fix it)?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 20:47:17 GMT
I've been trying a lot of different things, so that is probably why the jars in the lib directory
don't match the Bundle-classpath.  I think at one point, I had some of the packages in the
Import-Package, but then I found some information that seemed to indicate that if the jars
were "embedded", which I took to mean that they were physically included in my JAR, that I
wouldn't need to have them in the Import-Package.

Also, about that error message, that is (one of ) the mysterious things.  I think that I code
I added to try to dump the Identity Context included references to AppSecurityContext, and
it took awhile to figure out where that was (in jps-api.jar), and I think that is when that
error started happening.

Here's the classes (with the package info):

oracle/security/jps/runtime/AppSecurityContext$1.class
oracle/security/jps/runtime/AppSecurityContext$2.class
oracle/security/jps/runtime/AppSecurityContext.class
oracle/security/jps/runtime/AppSecurityContextFactory.class

So how SHOULD the MANIFEST.MF look so that the plugin can access those classes in the jps-api.jar?
 FYI, and in response to the earlier message, Oracle doesn't really provide any felix bundles...
just JARs, so we would have to use them as I guess what you all refer to as 3rd party or external
JARS?

Can I use such JARs with the plugin?  The impression I have is that it is possible for felix
to support references to such external JARs without having to make felix-compliant bundles?

Jim