felix-users mailing list archives

From Tom Quarendon <tom.quaren...@worldprogramming.com>
Subject API baselining with maven-bundle-plugin
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:01:49 GMT
I'm trying to set up api baselining using the maven-bundle-plugin.

I think I have it set up. I have messages coming out that say it's doing stuff. So that's
good.

Forgive my confusion though, but I don't understand how it is supposed to work.
I have published a 1.0.0 version of my bundle to the repository.
I then make an incompatible change to the API, I get:
  Unable to find a previous version of the project in the repository

If I manually change the version number in my pom to 1.0.1, I then get errors about my API
having changed and it requiring a change in version number.

So I don't understand. I only get a baseline check once I've remembered to change the version
number? Surely the point is to tell me that I *need* to change the version number? That's
certainly the support you get in bndtools (being also based on bnd, same as the maven plugin).

Have I set it up correctly? Or is this how it's supposed to work?
In the configuration, it looks like the setting comparisonVersion is initialised to (,${project.version})
by default, presumably meaning "up to and not including ${project.version}".
Changing that to be (,${project.version}] makes it do a comparison, but produces no errors,
presumably because it's comparing the bundle against itself. What I want it to do is compare
against the current latest in the release repository.

So I'm confused. How do I make it tell me that I need to change my project version, without
first changing my project version?

Thanks.