felix-users mailing list archives

From David Leangen <o...@leangen.net>
Subject Re: API baselining with maven-bundle-plugin
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 21:38:19 GMT

Hi Justin,

> On Jun 23, 2017, at 4:11 AM, Justin Edelson <justin@justinedelson.com> wrote:
>
> So in that case, does the timestamp qualifier get automatically added on
> every build? Documentation pointers welcome :)

Warning: I am not so familiar with Maven...

The version number depends on how it is defined in the bnd file. It is up to you to define
it.

If you do *not* want the timestamp, you could set the version to, for example: 1.0.0.

If you *do* want the timestamp, you could set the version to 1.0.0.${tstamp}.

You could also use a versionmask [1] like this:

****
base.version:		1.0.0
Bundle-Version:	${versionmask;===~;${base.version}}
****

You could even use or not use the timestamp by including a conditional like this:

Bundle-Version:	${versionmask;${if;[CONDITION];====;===~};${base.version}}

There are many ways to skin this cat. Hope this helps.

[1] http://bnd.bndtools.org/macros/versionmask.html <http://bnd.bndtools.org/macros/versionmask.html>

Cheers,
=David