felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix not behaving as per tutorial
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 13:43:42 GMT
On 5/4/17 09:28 , Dan Hartman wrote:
> On 05/04/2017 08:36 AM, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>
>> You aren't doing anything wrong, I would guess. It just sounds like
>> the tutorial is woefully out of date.
>>
>> Felix now has a new command shell, called Gogo, which is why you see
>> so much of a difference between the prompts and commands. You should
>> use "lb" to list the bundles. Commands for starting/stopping are the
>> same, although it is doubtful the "arch" command would be working
>> with the newer shell, since that is provided by iPOJO for the old shell.
>>
>> I think in the original tutorial the bundles also auto-started, so
>> that part works the same.
> That's right... I started to figure it out.  Also this page:
>
> http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-gogo.html
>
> It suggests cloning from the github mirror, cd'ing to gogo, and
> running `mvn clean install`.  But it's massively broken with this
> error (and I don't know where to submit an issue, the github issues
> tab is missing on the mirror).

Not sure what you are trying to do, but I don't see why you'd need to
clone the repo unless you plan on trying to hack the code of the
implementations. If you are just trying to use this stuff, then cloning
the repo isn't necessary, just downloaded the convenience binary artifacts.

Regarding issue submission, use JIRA not github:

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/

>> ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project org.apache.felix.gogo.shell:
>> Could not resolve dependencies for project
>> org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.gogo.shell:bundle:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT:
>> Failed to collect dependencies at
>> org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT:
>> Failed to read artifact descriptor for
>> org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime:jar:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT:
>> Could not find artifact
>> org.apache.felix:gogo-parent:pom:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT in apache.snapshots
>> (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots) -> [Help 1]
> I don't know what that means or how to fix it.  Maybe I don't even
> need to fix it.  Should I be using pre-built jars from maven instead
> of trying to build from source?

Yes. See above.

-> richard