felix-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seifert <sseif...@pro-vision.de>
Subject RE: Using OSGi DS and old Apache Felix SCR together
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 16:49:25 GMT

>I think the bnd support is for the proprietary bnd annotations, not the
>proprietary felix annotations. AFAIR bnd never supported the proprietary
>felix scr annotations.

no, org.apache.felix.scrplugin.bnd.SCRDescriptorBndPlugin really hooks in the support for
the proprietary felix SCR annotations.

>I also think that bnd (and thus the maven-bundle-plugin) runs and
>generates the xml after the unit tests run, so that you will never be able
>to  get the xml’s in time for unit tests.  I don’t know if integration
>tests (failsafe plugin) run before or after the bundle is assembled, but I
>think after, so  perhaps that would be worth looking into.

it works if you additionally configure a "manifest" goal in your pom. and if "supportIncrementalBuild"
is added as well it even works within eclipse incremental builds. see [1] for an example.

stefan

[1] https://github.com/wcm-io/wcm-io-tooling/blob/develop/maven/aem-global-parent/pom.xml