felix-users mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject iPojo problem: The mandatory property xyz is missing
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 13:54:42 GMT
I'm using Karaf 4.0.7 with iPojo 1.12.1.

I have declared a mandatory parameter as follows:

@Property(name = "logoBaseUrl", mandatory = true)

I have a configuration file for this property that sets the proper value of
the property "logoBaseUrl".

But, on startup I get:

2016-11-08 14:40:40,910 | ERROR |  pool-1-thread-1 | web
>            | ?                                   ? | [ERROR] hp.webservice
> : The configuration is not acceptable : The mandatory property logoBaseUrl
> is missing

And my iPojo component never becomes valid.

If I change the property as follows:

@Property(name = "logoBaseUrl", mandatory = false, value="/notvalidurl")

Then everything works and the proper value is picked up from my
configuration file.

It's like iPojo never waits for the component to become configured but
fails immediately. I would like the iPojo component to wait for the
configuration and then become valid. How can I accomplish this?

/Bengt