felix-users mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Prop expansion via fileinstall but not configuration admin
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2016 07:21:42 GMT
> I don’t think this belongs in ca.  You could use a ConfigurationPlugin.  Unfortunately
you’ll have to wait till R7 until this works with DS.  Maybe Carsten already implemented
the CA part, but I didn’t do the DS part yet.

I've implemented both parts, the CA part is in trunk, the DS part is in
the sandbox branch, but I plan to move it to trunk soon.

Carsten

> Alternatively you can code it into whatever management agent you are using instead of
fileinstall.

> Maybe others have other opinions….
>
> david jencks
>

>> On Sep 16, 2016, at 5:47 PM, Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com> wrote:
>>
>> The system property expansion feature of the configuration-admin
>> behavior of fileinstall is quite convenient. I could code it,
>> optionally, into confadmin. I wish I could have it without all the
>> other mechanism of fileinstall that I don't need. Acceptable?

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland
cziegeler@apache.org