felix-users mailing list archives

From mduduzik <mduduzi.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DM4 service factory/multiple service instance support
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:03:30 GMT
Pierre,
This is a perfect answer I was hoping for. I learned something new
especially re: ctx.getServiceObjects(ref). We will plan to hide all this
complexity with helper util class that simply provides a
***Helper.getService(type,filter,scope_enum) (and default'ed variants of
course).

It'd be convenient if DM API made this simpler by either using service
properties or 'builder' method like '.setScope()'; and take care of all the
magic that you laid out in your response.

As an aside, I was hopeful when read on [1] (section on factoryName). But
then again, (i) it's an annotation approach; and 2) doesn't hide complexity
- as having to use injected ComponentFactory.

Thanks and thanks to everyone that responded. I'll share if DM helper util
seems to be of value beyond our narrow use case.

Thanks.
-Mdu

[1]
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-dependency-manager/reference/component-singleton.html