felix-users mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject may have found a resolver bug
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 03:21:08 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm not completely sure, but I think I have found a bug in the felix
resolver.

It's a little hard to reproduce, but I have done so in a test I've
submitted in this PR [1] to bnd (because I was trying to use the resolver
through bndlib and so it was far simpler to reproduce there).

You'll note that the travis failure is actually the test reproducing the
exact failure scenario.

The problem "seems" to stem from a scenario where a set of duplicated
resources results in miss handling of a capability index (I speculate
during the second iteration of the duplicated resource).

The issue is in resolver code that is far more complex than I have a
stomach for, but I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it.

Sincerely,
- Ray

[1] https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/pull/1472