felix-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Offenbach" <wolle5...@gmx.de>
Subject Multiple component instances in DS 1.3
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 07:57:29 GMT
Hallo,
I am making intensive use of the DS pattern that allows us to couple a single configuration
to a single component instance using a Managed Service Factory PID. Is it possible to combine
this pattern e.g. with the prototype scope? Is there a way to achieve that for every service
lookup a new component instance is created (prototype scope) and force at the same time that
this component requires an individual configuration?

Does the "multiple component instances" pattern only require that someone uses a Managed Service
Factory PID in combination with "ConfigurationPolicy.REQUIRE" instead of single a Managed
Service PID?

To make it more clear:
When I use this annotation fragment "configurationPolicy = ConfigurationPolicy.REQUIRE" and
use a Managed Service Factory PID, does this ensure that a component instance must always
have an individual configuration or are there any interdependencies to other attributes, like
"scope"?

When I use "ServiceScope.PROTOTYPE" and "ConfigurationPolicy.REQUIRE", but use a PID instead
of a Managed Service Factory PID, does this mean, that we have multiple component instances,
all using the same configuration?

Thanks a lot for your help!